The West Point Police Department recently rolled out its protocol for a fun and safe Halloween. The official Trick-or-Treat time for the City of West Point will be on Monday, October 31, 2022, from 5:00 pm to 8:00 pm. Please use extra caution while driving in residential areas and be alert for children and parents that may be walking along the sides of, and/or crossing the roadway.
Tips for Trick-or-Treaters:
• Make sure children wear reflective costumes or carry flashlights/glow sticks
• Check all candy and make sure to discard homemade treats and anything that is open
• Make sure to trick-or-treat in groups, use sidewalks and watch for motorists
• Wear costumes that don’t obstruct vision. Use makeup and face paint as alternatives
• Accompany young children at all times
• Tell children to only stop at homes where the outside lights are on
• Trick-or-treat while it's still light out, if possible. If dark, choose well-lit streets
• Do not allow children to eat their treats until an adult has inspected them
Report any suspicious or criminal activity to the West Point Police Department immediately by calling 9-1-1.